HCEG, a subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH), comprises the following Brands/Businesses:
- Han Language Centre
The Group aims to comply with the requirement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and respects the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data. This policy serves to inform you about how we manage your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Please spare a moment to read this document so that you may know and understand how HCEG collects, uses and discloses your personal data.
The provision of your personal data to HCEG is voluntary. However, your choice of not providing the requested data to us may inhibit our ability to collaborate or to provide you with services.
What is Personal Data:
For the purposes of our collaboration or to provide you with our services, the personal data that we require consists of the following information about you:
- Your full name
- Residential address
- Contact number including mobile number
- Date & Place of Birth
- Personal Identification Number and/or Passport Number
- Marital Status
- Employment details
- Income details
How We Collect Personal Data:
HCEG collects your data whenever you participate in our events such as seminars, forums, programmes and workshops, sign on our services, access our websites and use our online services in the following manners:
- Submits documents and application forms to register your participation of our events and/or for employment with us
- Requests to update or change your existing personal data with us
- Responds to our requests to contact you
- Interacts with our staff and service providers via telephone, email, direct meetings in person, interviews, SMS, Fax, mail and Email
- Submits personal data to participate in our surveys, events, activities, programmes
- Uses a Third Party to contact HCEG and/or make enquiries from HCEG using your personal data
- When we seek references from Third Party about you
Purposes of Personal Data being Collected, Used or Disclosed:
The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used and disclosed by HCEG and its service providers in Singapore include but not limited to the following:
- Responding to your enquiries or requests directly to you or through your representatives
- Providing our customers with products, programmes and services
- Improving our customer services, programmes and products
- Planning, organising and conducting of events, activities, seminars, courses and programmes
- Promoting our events, programmes and courses
- Sending you marketing and promotional offers on products, programmes and services
- Evaluating your suitability for participation, collaboration and/or for employment
- Establishing a working/business relationship
- Making changes and/or updating your profile
- Reviewing and renewing your contracts
- Providing ad-hoc and/or regular information to you
- Addressing feedback and questions
- For statistics and surveys
- Administration and management of HCEG’s operations, processes, functions and other internal matters
- Compliance with requirements imposed by law, rules, regulations imposed by the government and/or its agents
- Assessing, administering, processing, settling, authenticating and investigating claims and accounts
- Processing payments
- Other purposes as notified at the time of collection
- Other services as permitted under the law
In summary, when you interact, communicate and sign up for participation in any HCEG events, programmes and courses, you consent to HCEG using and retaining your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the above purposes. HCEG will take reasonable steps to delete, destroy or anonymise your personal data when it no longer serves any of the above purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data:
Your personal data is kept confidential. HCEG may, where permitted by law, disclose and/or transfer your data to third parties where necessary to satisfy the above purposes for which your data is collected. The Third Parties may be located within or outside of Singapore.
The Third Parties may consist of:
- Insurance and other forms of claims
- Staff benefits administration
- Service Providers appointed by HCEG
- Hospitals, Medical doctors, Lawyers, Auditors and Insurance agents
- Law enforcement agencies, statutory boards, government regulators, industrial bodies
- Other parties for which you have given consent to disclose your personal data
Consequences on Withdrawal of Consent:
Individuals may request for withdrawal of consent for the collection, use and disclosure of data by serving reasonable notice to HCEG using the “Withdrawal of Consent” form which is made available upon request.
However, the withdrawal of consent for HCEG to collect, use and disclose your personal data will result in HCEG not being able to continue to service, collaborate with you nor for you to participate in any of HCEG events and functions. It may also call for the termination of any existing contracts and resulting in breach of certain contractual obligations/undertakings.
It is the responsibility of all individuals to provide HCEG with accurate data so as to receive the level of service that we offer.
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data or if you wish to stop receiving promotional or marketing messages from HCEG, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Data Protection Officer: Georgina LEONG
Postal Address: 845 Yishun Street 81 #02-182 Singapore 760845
Telephone Number: 64827476
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer in writing should you wish to request to access, correct or withdraw your personal data. HCEG may charge a reasonable fee for the access of your data.
For more information about PDPA in general, please visit the website of the Personal Data Protection Commission at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg