All course applications are subjected to the Terms and Conditions of Han Language Centre Pte Ltd and acknowledging that you have read them and also agree to adhere to our Policies and Procedures as follows:
Han Language Centre Pte Ltd (known as HAN)'s services include the provision of:
- A Registration Fee of SGD 53.50 (inclusive of GST) is required upon enrolment.
- Fees are payable on a term basis before the commencement of the term or by the due date indicated in the payment bill. HAN reserves the right to stop a student from attending lessons if the fees are not paid by due date. The Centre reserves the right to charge an administrative fee of SGD5.00 for each late or dishonored payment.
- Registration Fee and Course fees paid due to withdrawal are Non-refundable and Non-transferable.
- All fees are subject to revision at any time at the Centre’s absolute discretion and to provide one month’s advance notice via any form of communication.
- Registration fees will be charged for re-registrations or re-enrolment of programmes.
- HAN shall have the right to set, revise and/or amend the course fees and services from time to time in its discretion by giving notice thereof to the student and his/her parents/guardian, and the revised or amended rates and services shall, unless otherwise stated, take effect from the date of such notice.
Change of Course and Change of Class
- Any change of programme or class is subject to the approval of the Centre Manager. Subsequent changes or transfer of class above 2 times can only be made in the new term and is subjected to an admin fee of $20 and the parent’s acceptance of the new course fees.
- If a student wishes to transfer from one Centre to another, a Transfer Request must be made by completing the Centre’s Transfer Application Form. Subsequent branch transfer request will be subjected to an admin fee of $20.
- Every Transfer Request will be processed in good faith, subject to the availability of the Centre, schedules or other operational factors. HAN shall not be liable for any costs, losses or damages caused as a result of such non-compliance to effect the Transfer Request.
- Any difference in course fees shall be paid after the transfer application has been approved.
Class Schedules and Teachers
- The Centre reserves the right to transfer, combine or dissolve a class at any time if it deems fit and for the benefit of the students. If a class is dissolved without replacement classes, the prepaid course fees (excluding the registration fees) will be refunded and if there is a replacement class in the future, the registration fees will be waived.
- There will be no classes during Gazetted Public Holidays and Term Break days. Lessons will resume on the following week after the public holiday.
- Formation of class is subject to a minimum of 4 students and the availability of classroom and teacher.
- The Centre reserves the right and at its absolute discretion, to change any teacher without notice and assigning any reasons whatsoever when the circumstances warrant the change.
Withdrawal and Suspensions of Lesson Attendance
- A minimum of fourteen (14) days notice is required to withdraw the student from the Centre before the last lesson of the current term. A duly submitted Course Withdrawal Form stating the last day of attendance and reason for withdrawing from the Centre is required before due approval and discharge is given. All termination of enrolment will only take effect on the last day of the month. The Centre reserves the sole and absolute right to waive forfeiture of any balance of the pre-paid school fees. Any student who has withdrawn shall be treated as a new enrolment when he/ she signs up for new course(s).
- Any suspension of lessons will only be approved with valid reasons.
- The Centre reserves the right to provide relief teachers for regular classes and/or replacement lessons from time to time.
- Replacement lessons may mean that students will be either offered to attend another ongoing class (of the same course and similar stage) or rescheduled for another class at the Centre’s discretion.
- Students who have missed a lesson with valid reason(s) may attend a replacement lesson, subject to availability.
- Replacement class arrangements are allowed up to a maximum of two times per term.
- Parents must inform the Centre in advance if replacement lessons are required and is subject to availability.
- Replacement lessons are only provided for students who are absent with a valid reason such as a supporting medical certificate or school letter/document certifying events in school that the student is taking part in.
- Replacement lessons cannot be converted into cash credit or refunded.
- For the last lesson of the term, there would be no replacement class nor refund if it is missed.
Dismissal and Late Pick-up Policy
The Centre encourages all parents and guardians on the following:
- Must wait within a designated area for their child to ensure safety and timely pickup of the child.
- Drop off the students not more than 5 mins before the lesson starts and must pick up your child on time after lessons.
Other Administrative Matters
- Students must observe good behavior and conduct themselves positively at all times. HAN reserves the rights to expel and reject any student who misbehaves during classes.
- The Centre’s teachers will not review or mark materials other than those issued by HAN.
- Parents/Students are not allowed to exchange personal contact details with the teachers (eg: handphone number, email and etc). Any contact shall be made through the Centre’s mainline.
- Complaints about the Centre or staff must be submitted to the Centre Manager in writing and in a complete and clearly described manner and within one month after discovery or observation of any incident. The Centre will handle the complaint in accordance with its internal procedure. The parent or guardian must continue to assist in the investigations by the Centre.
Intellectual Property and Media Disclosure
- Unless otherwise stated, HAN owns the Intellectual Property and/ or Licensing Rights of all materials in various formats distributed or used during the conduct of all programmes, workshops and seminars. Copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, performing or transmission of the materials in any forms or by any means whatsoever of these materials without prior written consent from HAN is strictly prohibited.
- HAN may record and/or photograph the activities carried out during lesson time. Video clips and photographs of these classroom proceedings might be featured in HAN’s collaterals for the purposes of academic, training and promotions as deemed appropriate by HAN.
- While the Centre will exercise reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the students, HAN, its staff, directors, servants or any agents will not assume any liability for the students’ personal injury, loss or damage to their property or any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student or any person(s) accompanying the students in undertaking any activity or anything whether or not under the Centre’s direction or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of HAN, its servants and agents.
- Parents/ Guardians shall give their consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data of the student and the parents/guardians for the purposes of notifying and contacting the parents, processing any governmental processes including any marketing and promotional activities of Han Language Centre. Parents/guardians further agree to allow HAN and its parent companies to use their children’s photographs for any publicity material. Han’s policies are stated in our Personal Data Protection Policy which can be viewed on our corporate website at https://www.hceg.com.sg/hlc/pdpa-notice. The contract of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts in all matters regarding the contract and codes of conduct of the students and the teachers. The
- Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act Cap 53B shall apply to this Agreement.
- HAN shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure is as a result of Acts of Nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, or a decree by the government of a health pandemic, and no student nor parent/guardian shall not have any claim against Han Language Centre save for any refund of the course fees at its absolute discretion.
- Notwithstanding any provisions to the contrary HAN may transfer any of the rights, liabilities, obligations, etc. if there is a corporate restructuring or amalgamation exercise by its parent companies subject to HAN giving due notice to the student and his/her parent/guardian prior to effecting such transfer or assignment, as the case maybe.
Note: The above terms and conditions are subject to revision at any time without prior written notice